Your mouth is normally lined with special tissue called "mucosa". This tissue is smooth and coral pink in color. Should you ever notice any change in the appearance or feeling it might be a warning sign for a more serious problem, even oral cancer.
Here are some of the warning signs:
• Red or white patches in your mouth
• A bleeding sore that fails to heal
• A lump on the inside of your mouth
• Difficulty in chewing and/or swallowing
• Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
It is important that you self-examine your mouth on a regular basis. Should you notice any of the warning signs please do not hesitate to contact us.